Banana Nut Bread
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoons salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs-use 1 tablespoon flax seed meal and 3 tablespoons water for each egg (2 tablespoon flax seed meal and 1/2 cup warm water)
- 1/4 cup of vegan butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans (optional)
- Cream together butter, egg replacement and sugar until smooth. Add bananas and vanilla; beat well. Mix together flour, baking powder, and salt in a separate bowl. Then add dry ingredients to the wet.
- Bake at 325°F for about 1 hour or until golden brown. I make some adjustments with baking time in my oven. I baked my bread at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. Then I cut the stove off and let it finish cooking for 5 more minutes.
- For every egg in the original recipe, use 1 tablespoon flax seed meal and 3 tablespoons water. Whisk them together and let the mixture sit for about 5 minutes. It will get gummy, just like eggs.